Which of the following best represents the notion of virtual local area networks (VLANs)? Devices connected to the same network are logically grouped together as if they were connected to different networks. When creating a VLAN, which of the following connection hardware components is used? When setting VLANs on a switch, what method is used to determine whether a device is a member of a certain VLAN?
What is a virtual local area network (LAN)?
- Virtual LAN (VLAN) is a concept that allows us to conceptually segregate the devices on the network at the layer 2 level (data link layer). Generally, layer 3 devices are responsible for dividing the broadcast domain, however switches can also split the broadcast domain by utilizing the idea of VLAN. a broadcast domain is a network segment in which all of the devices in the segment receive a packet broadcast by a single device.
- 1 Which best describes a virtual LAN?
- 2 When configuring VLANs on a switch what is used to identify which VLAN a device belongs to?
- 3 Which of the following best describes a switch virtual interface SVI on a multi layer switch?
- 4 Which of the following is an appropriate definition of a VLAN?
- 5 How does virtual LAN work?
- 6 How important is virtual LAN in enterprise?
- 7 When configuring VLANs on a switch which type of switch ports are members of all VLANs to find on the switch?
- 8 How switch identify which frames belong to which VLANs Mcq?
- 9 What is the purpose of VLAN tagging?
- 10 Which two statements describe a routed switch port on a multilayer switch?
- 11 Which of the following best describes how a router operates to transmit messages to different LAN segments?
- 12 Which of the following best describes a router?
- 13 Which of the following is an appropriate definition of a VLAN quizlet?
- 14 What is a VLAN for dummies?
- 15 What is VLAN and how it works PDF?
Which best describes a virtual LAN?
The terms in this collection (20) Which of the following best reflects the characteristics of a VLAN? A switching mechanism that allows users on separate switch ports to participate in their own network is known as LAN switching. In Layer 2 switched networks, redundant links between switches are a desired design aspect. However, what challenge does this face in these networks?
When configuring VLANs on a switch what is used to identify which VLAN a device belongs to?
VLAN Identification and Tagging In order for 802.1Q compliant hardware to determine which VLAN a data packet belongs to, an 802.1Q Header is appended to the Ethernet frame, which defines the VLAN ID. This allows the hardware to determine which VLAN the data packet belongs to. A host, a router, or a switch can all add or delete the VLAN ID tag from a network segment.
Which of the following best describes a switch virtual interface SVI on a multi layer switch?
Which of the following is the most accurate description of a switch virtual interface (SVI) on a multilevel switch? A SVI is seen as a physical link by a multi-layer switch, which allows it to route traffic via it. A SVI is most typically used to link VLANs between distribution and access switches in a multi-switch network, and it is also used to connect VLANs between switches in a multi-switch network.
Which of the following is an appropriate definition of a VLAN?
Which of the following is an adequate definition of a virtual local area network (VLAN)? The classification of devices according to their service requirements, protocol, or other factors.
How does virtual LAN work?
A physical network can be divided into numerous logical networks using virtual local area networks (VLANs), which are created by separating the actual network. As a result, each VLAN establishes a separate broadcast domain. It is only through a router that is linked to both VLANs that communication may take place between them. VLANs behave as if they were built by employing separate switches, although they are not.
How important is virtual LAN in enterprise?
A virtual local area network (VLAN) allows various computers and devices to be linked virtually to each other as if they were all connected to a single local area network (LAN). VLANs can aid in the reduction of IT costs, the improvement of network security and performance, the facilitation of network management, and the preservation of network flexibility.
When configuring VLANs on a switch which type of switch ports are members of all VLANs to find on the switch?
Switch Ports are available in a variety of configurations.
- Ports of entry. An access port is assigned to and carries only the traffic of a single VLAN. Trunk Ports are a type of connection between two or more computers. A trunk port is a port that transmits traffic from numerous VLANs and is by default a member of all of the VLANs in the VLAN database.
How switch identify which frames belong to which VLANs Mcq?
In this article, we will discuss what frame tagging is and how it differs from other types of frame tagging. Vlan frame tagging is a method that is used to determine which vlan a packet belongs to by marking it with the vlan number. An Ethernet frame with the vlan frame tag is placed on the frame when the Ethernet frame is received by the switch from an access port that is a member of vlan.
What is the purpose of VLAN tagging?
VLANs, also known as virtual local area networks, are used to segment traffic inside a network. When data from various networks passes over common connections and devices within a topology, VLANs are used to keep the traffic separate. This method, which is also known as VLAN tagging, is extremely useful for restricting broadcast network traffic and safeguarding network segments, among other things.
Which two statements describe a routed switch port on a multilayer switch?
VLAN subinterfaces are supported by the routed switch port. It is necessary to utilize a routed switch port when a switch only has one port per VLAN or subnet. E. The routed switch port guarantees that STP is kept in the forwarding state at all times.
Which of the following best describes how a router operates to transmit messages to different LAN segments?
When a router transmits messages to multiple local area networks (LANs), which of the following best describes how it operates? The router examines the message for the LAN segment address contained within it and then consults the proper routing table for the protocol in order to forward the message to the relevant LAN segment.
Which of the following best describes a router?
In computer networks, a router is a networking device that is responsible for forwarding data packets between computer networks. On the Internet, routers are responsible for traffic directing and routing. Data packets are used to transport information via the internet, such as information included in a web page or an email. A router is a device that connects two or more data lines coming from distinct IP networks together.
Which of the following is an appropriate definition of a VLAN quizlet?
An example of a logical grouping of devices that belong together and behave as if they are all connected to the same wire or physical switch is a virtual LAN (VLAN).
What is a VLAN for dummies?
“Virtual Local Area Network,” or “Virtual LAN,” is an abbreviation for “Virtual Local Area Network.” A virtual local area network (VLAN) is a bespoke network that is built from one or more existing LANs. Groups of devices from several networks (both wired and wireless) can be integrated into a single logical network with the help of this technology.
What is VLAN and how it works PDF?
OVERVIEW. Virtual LANs (VLANs) enable a single extended LAN to be partitioned into numerous seemingly different LANs by creating a virtual network on top of it. Each virtual LAN segment is allocated an identification (also known as a color), and packets can only transit from one segment to another if the identifiers on both segments are the same.